Add efficiency to your business — and enjoy the time and money you’ll save.
Positive Pay is a fraud-prevention tool to deter check fraud arising from counterfeit or altered checks.
The service matches the check number, payee, dollar amount, and account number of each check presented against a list provided and uploaded by the business. If the file does not match items presented for payment, we will notify the business through an exception report, allowing you to approve or reject accepting the check.
If we do not receive an approval or rejection the exception by the business between 7am-11am CST then we will pay the items.
- Catch fraudulent activity before the money leaves your account.
- Simple, back end process:
- Positive Pay — Automatically compares checks presented for payment to those in your check issued file
- ACH Positive Pay — Automatically compares the ACH transactions presented for payment to the authorized company's transactions on file
- Sends alerts when a mismatch occurs
- You decide whether or not to approve the payment
- Timely return of money should fraud occur
- Enjoy increased peace of mind knowing your information is receiving increased security
First Southern Bank’s Automated Clearing House (ACH) is an electronic payment delivery system that allows you to pay or collect funds faster electronically through the ACH network. These services can be used to streamline accounts payable and accounts receivable functions through an ACH-formatted file in your Cash Management Services.
- ACH Payables allow:
- Direct Deposit
- Expense Reimbursement
- Vendor Payment
- Directly deposit employee payroll
- Make vendor payments
- Pay state and federal taxes
- An up-to-date record of transactions is available via online banking or account statements
- Schedule one-time or recurring outgoing payments
- Efficient and accurate processing, providing more visibility to your cash position
- Improve cash flow
- Increase productivity by automating processes
- Cut down on employee resources and time
- Increase accuracy; reduces human error
- Eliminates wastes and expenses associated with paper checks
Generates a variety of reports in a simple, easy-to-use format.
Make federal, state, and local tax payments electronically.
Collect payment from customers electronically via one-time debits or recurring payments with written authorization
Electronically consolidate your funds from various locations.
- Unparalleled management over accounts
- Maximize fund availability
- Prevent funds sitting idle that could be used elsewhere
- Track individual account performance
- Ideal for businesses with multiple stores, outlets, department, etc.
- Perfect for companies with locations in several cities or states
Customers expect payment options that are not only fast and convenient, but also safe and secure. First Southern Bank, with Shazam Merchant Services, offers that fast, reliable option you need — at an affordable price.
Whether you are opening a new business or expanding your current one, we provide flexible, robust, and reliable products and services that will enable your business to accept all forms of electronic payments —including all major credit cards, debit cards, gift and loyalty cards, checks, and more!
Benefits of processing with First Southern Bank:
- Ability to accept all major credit and debit cards in-store, or with your mobile device
- Daily settlement allows funds to be directly deposited to your account, which can assist you in paying your bills, reconciling your account, and tracking inventory in a timely manner
- Consolidated statement includes all cards, even American Express
- Access to a variety of Point-of-Sale terminals and software — with additional options available to enable PCs, tablets, and smartphones to accept payments
- Local representative at First Southern Bank to assist in servicing your merchant processing needs, and 24/7 support provided through Shazam
- State-of-the-art fraud detection tools for securing processing of transactions, including EMV, tokenization, encryption, address verification services, and card verification
- Specialists who analyze suspicious and unusual transaction patterns of processed transactions, reducing your risk of fraud
At First Southern Bank we are dedicated to helping businesses expand their payment options, and want to work to specifically help your business meet its processing needs. Call us today at 618-997-4341 for more details on First Southern Bank merchant card processing.
Request a complimentary Merchant Statement Analysis today. Please contact Nicci Addleman at [email protected], or Nicci can be reached at 618-997-4341 or 618-549-3621.
Nicci will work with you to analyze your unique needs and provide payment processing solutions that fit your type of business.
Deposit your checks safely, quickly, and conveniently from your office.
Remote Deposit Capture is a service which allows a user to scan checks and transmit the scanned images and/or ACH data to a bank for posting and clearing. The basic requirements for a Remote Deposit Capture service currently include a PC, an internet connection, a check scanner and a service provider such as First Southern Bank.
- Deposit checks from the convenience of your office
- Utilizes a desk scanner and internet access
- Simply sign, scan, then send checks to the bank for processing
- Checks converted to an electronic image that is then securely transmitted to the bank
- Streamline check handling from multiple offices or locations
- Same day credit up to 4 pm; realize funds quicker, accelerating cash flow
- Saves time; the whole process can be done in a matter of minutes
- Reduce time and money spent on document preparation and transportation
- Fewer errors in accounting
- Reduce the risk of check fraud by eliminating the circulation of paper checks
For addtional information, please contact Nicci Addleman at [email protected], or Nicci Addleman can be reached at 618-997-4341 or 618-549-3621.